Every week I’ll be on the look out for a new spicy product to try and test using my amateur, budget-friendly culinary skills.
This week I was heading down the sauce aisle of my local supermarket when I saw a new array of ketchup products. Usually I wouldn’t go near ketchup as I’ve always hated the stuff and thanks to an incident at university I now have a small phobia of it, however, Heinz have now introduced a spicy alternative for people like me so I had to give them a second chance.
Heinz Fiery Chilli Ketchup is part of their new chilli range which also includes Heinz Chilli Ketchup (a milder version). This sauce promises to give a fiery kick to your meal but although it states on the bottle that it’s great with chicken, I decided to try it with sausages instead. It’s not extremely spicy but you will pick up on a bit of heat from the rice. All recipes will be given a spice rating and you can find out what these ratings mean on the About page.
Tangy Sausages and Rice
- 8 Sausages
- 2 Garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tbsp Clear honey
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp Heinz Fiery Chilli Ketchup (secret weapon)
- 2 pints Chicken stock
- 450g White rice
1. Rub the sausages with the halves of garlic. Mix together the honey, mustard and ketchup in a bowl.
2. Put mixture and sausages in a casserole dish and cover with 6 tbsp of the stock. Bake in preheated over at 190C for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the sausages from the dish and add remaining stock and rice to the dish.
4. Arrange sausages on top, cover with foil or lid and bake for 45 minutes until liquid has absorbed. Serve up!