- 1 cauliflower, remove leaves and stalks and cut into small florets
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- Vegetable oil
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400g tinned black-eyed beans, drained
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Very Lazy Red Chilli
- Soured cream, guacamole and a bag of tortilla chips to serve
Boil the cauliflower in a large pan for four minutes. Then drain. Fry the onions in two tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan for seven minutes. Add the garlic and spices to the onion and fry for a further minute. Add the purée, tomatoes, beans and stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
Drizzle the cauliflower florets with oil and place under the grill just to blacken slightly. Then stir into the sauce and add the chilli. Spoon onto plates and serve with the soured cream, guacamole and tortilla chips.