- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- Half a butternut squash, flesh only and cut into chunks
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion cut into wedges
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp dried coriander
- 400ml vegetable stock (made with half a stock cube)
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
Preheat oven to 200C. Put the carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato and onion in a bowl and toss with half the oil. Lay out in a roasting tin and roast for 40 minutes.
Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan and add the spices. Cook for for 1 minute stirring over a low heat. Add half the stock and all the purée. Heat to a simmer. Add the vegetables and purée until smooth. Add the milk and the rest of the stock and heat through. Serve.