So what if it’s hot outside? This recipe is one of my favourite soups to date and is a great way to use up vegetables.
- 1/2 onion, cut into four wedges
- 150g each of carrots, parsnip and butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 baking potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder and flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried mint
Preheat oven to 200C. Tips the onion, carrots, parsnip, butternut squash and potato into a roasting tin. Sprinkle over the garlic and some seasoning. Drizzle over the oil. Roast for 30 minutes, turning the veg over half way through.
Tip the veg into a large saucepan and add the stock. Simmer for 5 minutes and then blend with a hand blender until smooth. Ladle into soup bowls and top each with a dollop of yogurt, a sprinkle of mint and some black pepper.