Healthier than a regular wrap but packed full of flavour.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 120ml hoisin sauce
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 200g can sliced water chestnuts
- 200g brown rice
- 3 spring onion, sliced
- 1tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 leaves of iceberg lettuce
Brown the mince off in a large pan. Add the garlic to the pan and fry for a further minute. Drain off the liquid.
Add the pepper and onion and fry until soft. Stir in the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chilli and season. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Cook the rice as well in a separate pan.
After 30 minutes stir in the water chestnuts, cooked rice, spring onions and rice vinegar. Heat through for five minutes.
Wash the lettuce leaves and arrange them on four plates. Fill them with the hoisin mince mixture and serve.